travels and travails

Friday, January 27, 2006

Truth or Treachery?

It was an incredible ski day; fresh powder each run - some knee deep and quite light. The visibility was limited by falling snow, but that is a quintessential Schweitzer condition. All in all, a
perfect Schweitzer Friday, with no crowd. Unfortunately, I was sick and unable to ski, so the above description relies on the veracity of Eli's report. Put that together with the unwritten law that skiers who were there exaggerate the excellence of the conditions to those not there (called 'lying' unless you're a politician) - and I really don't know how the ski conditions were today.

I did receive a serious if informal invitation to teach at Malaspina University College next Fall term. I accepted - it will be a good opportunity. They could also use me in the Spring term, but I must wait on the outcome of the Fulbright possibility.

Richard
2006.01.27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home