travels and travails

Saturday, February 13, 2021

COVID-19 Vaccinations

Somehow North Idaho, particularly the Panhandle Health District, got organized early on. Eli and I both received our second shot on January 29, 2021. So we have temporarily escaped the virus, but who knows how long this vaccination will remain protective and what the virus mutations will bring?

We continue to wear masks in public (Eli says I look better anyway) and practice social distancing. However, I am now alpine skiing, braving the lift lines, and using our Schweitzer locker room. It is not yet clear, but it may be the case that we may carry the virus (e.g. lurking in our nostrils) and effectively be asymptomatic virus hosts. I believe this was all predicted in the 16th century by Nostrildamus.

At this writing, Sandpoint is experiencing a somewhat lengthy cold spell which should ameliorate in the next few days. However, despite my vaccination, the weather is currently keeping me from alpine and Nordic skiing. Eli's son and grandsons live in Placitas, New Mexico where the weather is atypically harsh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home