travels and travails

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Off and Crawling

There seem to be about 16 students in my class here. It would be nice if they found it to be of sufficient value to stay until the end - we'll see. As usual, the bunch seems quite alert and bright. My cold is better, but more improvement is needed before I do any strenuous exercise. I am still coughing in everybody's face.

This is a compact city and crossing it on foot is not unreasonable. Eli and I are either biking or walking as our mode of transportation. Yesterday we walked for about two hours, either separately or together. The weather has been sunny, but not hot. This is a temporary aberration and rains should be imminent.

On our agenda this week:
* the arrival of Betty Swanson and her son Rick Thursday night; we'll act as tour guides
* our departure for Cividale Friday afternoon; Julie, Georg & girls will pick us up

It will be interesting/fun to see Betty, whom I haven't seen since senior year of high school. We went to grade school together.

The Cividale trip will span 4 days (the Pentecost holiday). Last I heard, we were going to use Peter Bachler's flat, which can sleep us all.

It's quitting time here, so I'll see if Eli is up for a bike ride.

Richard
2004.05.25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home